On Scene Incident Commander Training
Burress Advisory Group offers training programs to those individuals whose employers have determined to need On Scene Incident Commander level training.
OSHA Requirements for This Training Level
According to OSHA, “Incident commanders, who will assume control of the incident scene beyond the first responder awareness level, shall receive at least 24 hours of training equal to the first responder operations level and in addition have competency in the following areas and the employer shall so certify:
- • Know and be able to implement the employer's incident command system.
- • Know how to implement the employer's emergency response plan.
- • Know and understand the hazards and risks associated with employees working in chemical protective clothing.
- • Know how to implement the local emergency response plan.
- • Know of the state emergency response plan and of the Federal Regional Response Team.
- • Know and understand the importance of decontamination procedures.
These courses shall meet or exceed all requirements of 29CFR1910.120(q)(6)(v).”